Last Updated: May 29th, 2020
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), your webcam and computer screen may be monitored, viewed, recorded, and/or audited to ensure the integrity of the exams, including by Examus, proctors, and university and/or test sanctioning body staff. this means that you and your immediate surroundings, and anything else within range of your webcam or viewable on your computer screen, may be monitored, viewed, recorded, and/or audited during your exam. as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. /li>
- Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We need information that listed above to provide proctoring services to our clients and their students. For example, we need video to monitor students’ examination session, and his name and last name to identify the student.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, update your personal information and delete it.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
Information you give us is stored on secured Google and Microsoft servers. Besides, we use updated antivirus software and access security protocols.
COOPERATION WITH REGULATORS
We provide proctoring services according to information law of any country we work in.
Examus Inc. 2150 Shattuck Avenue, Penthouse, Suite 1300
Berkeley, California 94704
EXAMUS INC. COOKIES POLICY
Last updated: May 29th 2020
WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser to a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/